One of the Top Home Improvement Trends: Landscape Lighting
Enhance a Home’s Appeal and Enjoyment with Today’s Outdoor Lighting
The spring of 2023 is witnessing several continuing home improvement trends, including impressive outdoor entertainment areas and the latest landscape lighting. Today’s outdoor lighting creates a magical oasis that homeowners and their friends and family enjoy long after sunset.
At Digital Home Systems, we work with builders and homeowners, creating outdoor spaces that extend the living area and improve a property’s appeal. No matter the stage of the construction, from new builds to renovations and outdoor remodeling, we work as a team, bringing our technological expertise to distinctive properties throughout Greenwich, CT, and the surrounding areas.
The Leading Outdoor Addition
The National Association of Realtors 2023 Remodeling Impact Report considered why homeowners undertake outdoor remodeling projects, the impact on a home’s valuation, and the enhanced enjoyment by property owners. Of the 11 outdoor features included in the report, landscape lighting, a new patio, and an in-ground pool ranked the highest in bringing joy.
The Different Types of Outdoor Lighting
At Digital Home Systems, we partner with Coastal Source, the industry leader in outdoor audio and lighting. Part of this brand’s appeal is its enduring products made entirely of brass and built to last a lifetime, withstanding harsh coastal conditions. Additionally, the incredible selection of outdoor fixtures enables our designers and integrators to create unique, one-of-a-kind landscape and patio lighting, whether an enchanting, private oasis or a party-like atmosphere.
The following represent just a few of the many unique options:
- FLEX Niche Lights: We use these unique lights in countless applications. Easy-to-conceal Director lights cast targeted illumination, highlighting a home’s best architectural and landscape features.
- Bullet Uplights: These lights are also ideal for highlighting, including your favorite trees, columns, and entryways. Combined with wash lights, they create a glowing canvas across your home’s best architectural features.
- Path and Step Lights: Strategically placed walkway lights provide safety while enhancing the design.
- Tree Lights: Adding tree lights under the canopy and along branches creates a stunning moonlighting effect, casting a soft glow.
- Piling and Post Lights: These lights are ideal for those with waterfront properties, beautifully lighting docks and enhancing safety.
- LED Tiki Torches: Beautiful brass tiki torches create a resort-like ambiance ideal for entertaining or relaxing.
- Underwater Lighting: Lights in fountains and other water features create a mesmerizing glow.
Integrated with Home Automation
Many people are looking for properties with smart home automation. Landscape lighting and outdoor entertainment can seamlessly integrate with these platforms, creating unprecedented ease of use and the perfect setting for different occasions. For instance, the press of a button sets the landscape lights to the ideal illumination, the outdoor audio system streams breathtaking music, and the pool lights turn a dazzling azure. Simultaneously, the outdoor firepit and tiki torches ignite for entertainment.
From builders looking to enhance their clients’ outdoor spaces to homeowners wanting to create outdoor retreats, Digital Home Systems can help. With over 20 years of experience, we bring technology and design expertise, considering every detail and creating spaces that enhance our clients’ daily lives. To learn more about the many options in landscape lighting or to schedule a complimentary consultation, contact Digital Home Systems today.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.